Make the Link: Kidneys, Diabetes and HeartDescription
Chronic kidney disease (CKD), diabetes and cardiovascular disease are each independently serious diseases, affecting millions of Australians. The Kidney Health Australia evidence report, Make the Link: Diabetes, Kidneys and Heart, demonstrates the importance of these links.
This report details the current statistics and information regarding CKD, diabetes and cardiovascular disease in Australia. It highlights how comorbid CKD, diabetes and cardiovascular disease interact and influence each other and provides a more holistic view of the health burden. The impact of CKD, diabetes and cardiovascular disease on mental health, dementia and cognitive ageing is also featured.
The Make the Link report is available as a full report or a 6 page infograph.
- List the interrelated biological pathways and shared risk factors for CKD, diabetes and CVD
- Explain the effect multimorbidity has on healthy brain ageing
- Describe how comorbid CKD is associated with significantly worse prognosis and quality of life.
About the author
This report was commissioned and published by Kidney Health Australia with clinical review provided by the Primary Care Education Advisory Committee for Kidney Health Australia. The report was written by Sarah White.
About the sponsors
This report was funded through an unrestricted sponsorship from Boehringer Ingelheim and Eli Lilly. In no way has Boehringer Ingelheim or Eli Lilly had any part in the direction, analysis or findings contained within this report.
Please note, once you click 'Purchase now' you will be leaving the AMA’s website and entering a third-party education provider’s website to download this book. You:
- may need to provide some of your personal information directly to the third-party education provider
- agree that the AMA can share some of your personal information with the third-party education provider.
If you have any queries about the information that the AMA shares with third-party education providers, please click 'Contact Us' to submit your enquiry.