Recognition and Management of Concussion in SportDescription
Over recent years there has been elevated public awareness of sport-related concussion and increased focus on the importance of diagnosing and managing the condition promptly, safely and appropriately.
The Australian Sports Medicine Collaborative (ASMC) believes there is a need for clear, unequivocal and reliable information to be readily accessible to all members of the community.
The ASMC seek to ensure that all General Practitioners have rapid access to information to increase their understanding of sport-related concussion and to assist in the delivery of best-practice medical care.
1.5 hours Online Learning
ACRRM 1.5 hours
- Confidently use the concussion assessment tools such as the SCAT5 and CRT5
- Name and become aware of the ‘Red Flags’ that may be evident during acute sideline management of concussion
- Know and apply of the principles in managing concussion including safe return to sport following a concussion
- What is sport-related concussion
- Sport concussion assessment tools
- Acute sideline management
- Signs of sport related concussion SRC
- Managing a suspected concussion
- Planning for return to sport
- Management of concussion in children
- Management of concussion in cases that do not recover as expected
- Concussion in Sport Australia position statement
Sport, exercise, injury, concussion, brain injury, sports medicine, neurology
RACGP: 3 pts
ACRRM - Fellow: 1h : 30m
ACRRM - Non Fellow: 1h : 30m